Fishing in the British Virgin Islands is some of the best you will encounter anywhere. The first thing you have to do though is to purchase a fishing permit and you can apply here Conservation and Fisheries Department.
It doesn’t matter what your experience level is or what sort of fishing you want to do, the BVI has it all, including winning world records for game fishing. The BVI is a fisherman’s dream come true.
Weather and sea conditions permitting, offshore fishing in the BVI is bigger and better than almost anywhere else because of the distinguished list of trophy fish that inhabit those deep Caribbean waters.
COMMON OFFSHORE FISH TO CATCH AND WHERE THEY ARE USUALLY SPOTTED:
- Blackfin Tuna – shelf areas
- Blue Marlin – North/South drops
- Mahi Mahi – North/South drops, shelf areas
- Sailfish – North/South drops
- Wahoo – shelf areas
- White Marlin – North/South drops
- Yellowfin Tuna – North/South drops